OK, On Thursday night I got a call from a friend who was at a seminar. Apparently a few students that attended the seminar heard an announcement that my Boss was leaving MY School in January to become the chair of Chemistry at the University that was hosting the seminar. Upon hearing this news, my friend immediately called me to find out what was going on. Of course I was floored with the news. I couldn't sleep at all Thursday night because I was worried I would be a researcher without a lab and that my Boss (who I highly respect and adore) would make a big decision, such as leaving my school, without so much as a word.
Well last night we had a party at her house and me and my co-worker couldn't wait to corner her and find out what the hell was going on. We told her what we heard and she died laughing. Apparently the person who introduced her worded her introduction in a terrible way. My boss is not leaving me and my university. All is right with my world again. I could slap the crap out of the people who started this because by Friday afternoon (just one day later) the whole school was wondering why my boss was leaving. My boss was wondering why she received e-mails of congratulations from people as she had no idea what she was being congratulated on.
I am glad everything worked out because I was truly frantic for a while.
To celebrate the fact that I still have a lab to work in and that I am going to graduate soon, I have set up a graduation countdown calender at the bottom of my blog.
Saturday, November 17, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment